How to get a smaller waist with exercise. Size isn’t everything. Most people are looking for ways to increase their size with the help of numerous methods available worldwide. However, many people are looking for ways to decrease their weight and numbers too. A wide array of people prefer a smaller waist over a larger one. This may be so that they can fit inside that beautiful wedding dress. If you are one of those people who are searching for ways on how to get a smaller waist, fret not.
Here is a complete guide on how to get a smaller waist with exercise. All exercises will be discussed briefly, their sets, and the different styles that you can adopt. Do note that this guide is written with females in mind. Men who are looking to get a smaller waist can adopt this guide, but will have to change it.
Without further ado, let us begin:
Benefits of a smaller waist
Many people argue that getting a smaller waist isn’t very helpful. Here are some benefits of a smaller waist:
Fit into that wedding dress
If you are getting married soon, there might be a dress you can’t seem to get over. The designer might have told you that you won’t fit inside the dress. Of course, the frustration from having something so beautiful so close yet so far from you is great.
Getting a smaller waist will definitely help you fit into that wedding dress of your dreams. I mean, who doesn’t want to get married? All you need to know is how to get a smaller waist and the dress is yours.
Look more attractive
A slimmer waist is a sign of high estrogen. Higher levels of estrogens attract more males. Males are biologically attracted to women, but women with high estrogen levels are more attractive. This is why most males fawn over slim girls with fat in the right areas.
Easy to get wrapped
Most men fantasize about cuddling with their partner. Yes, this is very romantic, but it isn’t very comfortable if you have a wide waist. Losing a few numbers off your waist will make you easy to hug. Plus, your partner will want to hug you even more. I mean, who doesn’t love a warm, strong hug?
Additionally, movies dictate that men find happiness among lighter women. They carry them in their strong arms. If you love a good princess carry, you will definitely want to lose a little waist.
There are many more benefits of a smaller waist, but this guide is not about that. This guide is set to teach you how to get a smaller waist.
Exercises on how to get a smaller waist
There are a lot of exercises that you can perform to get a smaller waist. For the sake of your body’s positive growth, we will be mentioning both compound and individual exercises. Compound exercises will hit multiple muscle groups in your body. Individual exercises will be done to mainly focus on your waist.
A very easy exercise to do to burn a lot of calories is the V-ups exercise. This exercise focuses mainly on the abs portion on your body. This is an individual exercise, and is necessary. Do this exercise at least two days of the week for the best effects.
In order to do this exercise, follow the following pattern:
- Lie on the ground, with your legs and arms flat. Gently lift your arms over your head and stretch them. This is your resting position.
- Perform a simple crunch, and during that time, lift your torso and leg off the floor. Try to reach your feet through your arms, while keeping your upper body straight.
- You are officially done with one rep. Return to starting position.
- Do this for 8 to 12 times in one set. For the first week, keep 2 sets of V-Ups, but afterward change to 3 sets.
Side crunches with balance ball
Side crunches are an excellent idea if you want to learn how to get a smaller waist. A lot of the exercises on this list may employ the use of crunch somehow. There is no simpler way to target your obliques without the crunches. Side crunches hit both the internal and external oblique.
Balance balls are usually used for core exercises. By combining both balance ball and side crunches, you have a hardcore exercise. This exercise will unlock your obliques and help you push them to the extreme.
Here is how you can perform a side crunch with balance ball:
- Put a balance ball somewhere near you. Propel yourself and lie sideways on the balance ball.
- Place your right foot ahead of your left foot, and your arms behind your neck.
- Try to lift your upper body as much as possible.
- After you think you can’t go any higher, return back to starting position.
- This is one rep. Perform 10-15 reps and then change sides.
- Repeat this exercise at least 3 times a week.
The exercise may seem difficult at first. You may want to use a wall for more support.
Plank with extension
Though it might be a good idea to plank, a much higher level of plank is a better idea. Plank is one of the exercises that are easy to learn, but difficult to master. All you need to do is lie in a proper position for a minute without falling apart.
If you want to learn how to get a smaller waist, master this exercise first.
Here is how you perform a plank with extension:
- Lie on the ground in the push-up formation. Keep your body still. This is the resting position
- Gently lift your one leg off the floor.
- Lift the leg until you feel like you can’t lift more without deforming your formation.
- Hold that position for a few seconds, and then come back to rest position.
- Perform the same for the other leg.
- The whole cycle makes one rep. Do this exercise for at least 10 reps for the best effect.
This exercise targets the lower back, obliques, and the gluten.
It is not a stretch to say that side stretch is a great exercise, no pun intended. If you have ever done the morning exercises, you would know how to do a side stretch. You don’t even need to know how to get a smaller waist to know this exercise. Side stretches are a great way of targeting almost all of your stomach and wings.
To perform a side stretch, all you need to do is follow this regime:
- Stand in a relaxed position with your arms by your side. Place your feet a little apart, shoulder-width generally.
- Lift your right arm up, and bend your torso to the left while doing so. Make it seem like you are trying to touch something to the left with your right hand.
- Try to keep your lower body straight. Don’t bend your upper body too much too.
- Return back to relaxed position and try this with the other hand. This time, bend your torso to the right.
- This makes for a single rep. Repeat this exercise for 10-15 times for a single set.
- Do this exercise every day when you wake up for the best effects.
Have you ever wanted to experience what those wipers feel like on your car windows? Well, unfortunately this exercise isn’t going to do that. Jokes aside, Windshield Wipers is a really good beginner exercise to improve your range of motion. Fun fact: you can do this exercise almost anywhere you can fit your torso.
To perform this exercise, follow the pattern:
- Lie straight on the ground with your face towards the ceiling.
- Stretch your arms in a T shape, and use them to stick yourself to the ground.
- Lift your legs up altogether, and bend them to your knees. This is your rest position.
- This exercise is more like a pendulum, so imagine yourself as a clock.
- Rotate your bended knees to the left first, and then to the right, in a harmonic motion.
- One complete rotation is a single rep. Do at least 15 reps per set.
Rectus Abdominal stretch
If you are pretty big on yoga, this exercise may be very fun for you. The abdominal stretch is basically the stretching position of yoga. It is also called cobra yoga stretch. You need no extra devices for this exercise. Abdominal stretches are one of the exercises on this “how to get a smaller waist” guide that are very easy.
In order to perform an abdominal stretch, follow the procedure:
- Lie on your stomach with your hands in a push-up position. This is your rest position.
- Straighten your elbows gently, and allow your back to form an arch. Be sure to keep your lower body laid down.
- Lift your upper body as much as you can through your elbows. Keep that position for 5 seconds.
- Return back to rest position, and one rep will be done. Do at least 10 reps, 3 times per day each day you are doing this exercise.
Don’t arch your back too much, or you might end up with excruciating back pain.
The Russian Twist is a great exercise for toning your body, so you can look great in the summer. Though it might not really be a great exercise for just losing size, it is still great. Perform this exercise twice every week with other exercises on this list, and you will definitely not regret the decision. If you are focused on how to get a smaller waist, do not skip this exercise.
To perform the Russian Twist, follow the pattern:
- Lie on the ground with only your butt and feet touching the ground. It would be good to imagine that you are in a reverse ‘W’ position.
- Lift your shoulders up, and bend them near your chest. This is your rest position.
- Propel yourself to bend your torso to the right. Be sure to keep your lower body in a still position.
- Like the windshield wipers, perform a harmonic motion. A complete cycle makes for a single rep. Perform at least 20 reps for a great lower back and oblique exercise.
Running is literally the easiest exercise on this list. Everyone has run at least once or twice in their lives. If you can walk, you can most likely run. Running is a full body exercise. Of course, if you are on a journey on how to get a smaller waist, nothing is better than running.
The key to running is to consistently pace yourself and remember to breath. Breathing through the mouth might be a better idea than your nose while running.
Run for at least 15-20 minutes every day, and you will start seeing progress in a few weeks. You will also feel like you are gaining a lot of energy. It will make your every-day life easier too. Plus, running is a very useful skill to have.
Most people consider this exercise to be a myth. This is exactly why we have ranked this exercise at the end of our list.Stomach Vacuum is a very creepy exercise. You need to suck your stomach out of all air first. Afterward, you will need to tighten your core and your abdomen so your supposed 6 packs can get activated. A better core means a smaller waist too.
Since we are also suspicious of this exercise, do it if you have literally nothing better to do. If you see any great results, good for you.
All of these exercises help you get a smaller waist in one way or the other. We included both compound and normal exercises, like we said we would. If you are still looking for ways on how to get a smaller waist, we would recommend that you work on your diet too. Be consistent, have a good diet, and exercise hard.